Joseph M. Eichberger
Joseph graduated with a B.A. degree in Philosophy from DePaul and an ROTC commission in the United States Army. Thereafter, he was on active duty as a Lieutenant from 1970 through 1972, serving mainly in South Korea.
Joseph graduated from Northern Illinois University Law School and pursued civil trial litigation initially as a plaintiff’s subrogation attorney and then as a defense attorney. He has more than 35 years of experience in insurance defense, insurance-related litigation and non-litigation matters. Joseph has experience in negligence, contracts, bailment and warehouseman’s liability. He has had more than 50 bench and jury trials. Joseph is licensed to practice in Illinois State Courts and in the Northern District of Illinois, to include the Federal Trial Bar.
Joseph is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee. He serves as pro bono counsel on the Illinois Commission on Diversity and Human Relations. Joseph is married with two children.
DID YOU KNOW: I ride a surfboard at every opportunity.
- J.D., Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois, 1978
- B.A., DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, 1968
Professional Memberships & Associations:
- Chicago Bar Association – Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Illinois Commission on Diversity and Human Relations – Board of Directors Member & Pro Bono Counsel
- International Amusement & Leisure Defense Association Inc.
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
Seminars & Presentations:
- “How Architects Can Reduce Legal Risks in a Covid-19 Environment,” Association of Licensed Architects, June 2020
- “Laws for Illinois Architects,” Halfmoon Education, May 2020
- “Construction Industry Liability Issues Arising Out of COVID-19,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Clients, April 2020
- “Defense in Common Law Construction Negligence”
- “Moorman Implications in Construction Defect Litigation”
- “Notice Defense & Premise Liability Cases”
Articles & Publications:
- “Amusement Park Owners and Operators Susceptible to Liability Under Rosenbach,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Construction & Commercial Blog, August 2019
- “Amusement Ride Industry-Common Carrier Exposure,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Construction & Commercial Blog, January 2018
- “Assumption of Risk Agreements in the Amusement Industry,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Construction & Commercial Blog, May 2017
- “Amusement Rides: Common Carrier Status,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Construction & Commercial Blog, March 2017